Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back To Life


We just got back Sunday night from our first trip to the Outer Banks. It was an 11 hour drive back and forth, counting all the stops we had to make to give Chloe a break from the car. It wasn't pretty, but thank goodness for the portable DVD player she recieved for her birthday! We couldn't have made the trip without it!! The house we rented was in Rodanthe, N.C. which is pretty far away from a lot of things, but we could walk right out to the beach. It was a gorgeous beach and totally different from what I'm used to. No crowds, just sand, sea, and beautiful seashells! I have always loved to find different seashells, and have a collection on my windowsill in the bathroom. I found some AMAZING shells which has inspired me greatly!




Most days were spent splashing in the water, playing in the sand, and relaxing at the house. Here is a pic of hubby and Chloe flying her first kite. We had really good weather, except for Wednesday, which was a total washout. We drove about 30 miles to Roanoke, which had an aquarium. Everyone must have had the same idea, because it was packed! But a fun thing for Chloe to see, and for me as well! Here is a picture of Chloe standing in front of a huge jaw of a shark. Scary, right?!


Chloe didn't want to leave the beach. In a way, I can't blame her. It sure beats the lack of scenery we have here in Lebanon, PA. My dream is to have a house at the beach. Maybe one day. Until then, it's back to normal life!



No comments: