Saturday, September 26, 2009

Meet Our New Puppy

Last week, to the utter delight of my daughter, we got another puppy. As you loyal readers probably know, we had to put our miniature dachshund, Andy, down a year ago this month. It's taken awhile to mourn the loss of him, and while our new puppy will never replace him, we felt it was time. Now, I had forgotten about the crying in the middle of the night, the biting on everything, and the "accidents". Truly I don't remember Andy keeping us up at night, but I have to say that before I had Chloe, I was a pretty sound sleeper. Not only does Chloe frequently get up in the middle of the night, but now so does the puppy. The lack of sleep is starting to get to me!
Now I'm sure you're wondering what we named the puppy. Andy had gotten a nickname because of all his peeing in the house. Not quite sure how or why, but we started calling him Weber, as in Potsy Weber. Chloe insisted we name the puppy Weber, and since she has taken the loss of Andy so hard, I obliged. It's kind of weird to have a puppy that looks almost identical to our old dog, and walking around yelling Weber. Nonetheless, we are very happy to have him in our lives. I can't say the same about our cat, though!

7 comments:

Margarita Bloom said...

Awww, what a cutie pie!! I'm so sorry about Andy....that must have been sooo hard!! You just got to keep moving forward! And even though you have a new puppy now, Andy will always be in your hearts!! Congrats on the new puppy.

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

OMG! I had two wienee dogs growing on Lady and BJ and they were the best dogs ever! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new puppy. He is a cutie pie!!! Sorry, about Andy he will always be a part of your lives and in your memories. Enjoy you new puppy!

Annette Piper said...

What a gorgeous puppy! Adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, he is so cute!

Karen said...

Oh! How adorable!

weddingdresses said...

Reebok Easytone
Power Balance Wholesale
The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.