Saturday, February 21, 2009

Some New Ideas and A Talented Mom


Another absence from my blog can only mean one thing: another sickness. Yes, I've been out of commission all week again, with the nastiest sinus infection I have ever had the mispleasure of getting!! Now, I'm on the mend and playing catch up with all my work. I missed out on a lot of jewelry prep time for my big show on Tuesday. It looks like the next two days will be hectic!


I mentioned in my last post that I, along with the very talented Annette Piper, started a blogging group for creative types. This week I would like to feature Kelly of Macaroni & Glue. Not only is she a very talented designer of crafted paper goods, but she's a mom, which of course I can relate to. When I visited her blog I just fell in love with a feature she is doing. It's called, "Dear Kid Saturday", and in it she is writing a note to her little girl about the past week and the silly things that happened or what they did together. What a great idea, Kelly! I spend every day with my Chloe that I certainly have enough to think about at the end of the week. I'm hoping I can steal this idea at some point soon! Drop by and show Kelly a little love. She has a terrific thing going!


Pictured above are some new wooden rings I created, before I got sick! I've taken some fun ideas and embellished the rings with Swarovski crystals. It's the first time I've done these so I would love to hear your feedback!

2 comments:

LisaLisa said...

I'm happy that you are feeling better.......May the grace of the Lord bless upon you always. Such a wonderful blog....I love the New Ideas and Talented Mom blog.

Kelly Drill said...

Thank you so much for the nice comments. Glad you like the blog! :)