I am asked quite often where I get the inspiration for my designs. There are many things that inspire me. First and foremost, I think the beads themselves make the design. I often by a bead because I love it, then later on figure out what to do with it. I'm also inspired by TV, fashion magazines, and images on the internet. I love to see what other people are wearing and sometimes I take something I've seen and put my own spin on it. I'm also inspired by the seasons: fall brings about the changes in the leaves, winter brings sparkly snow, spring with it's vibrant flowers, and summer just reminds me of the beach. I was recently reading the blog, Designing Hilary, where she talks about her inspirations. Hilary is a very talented jewelry designer whom I've met in several of the social networks we belong to. Check out her shop to see what I mean!
The ring above is one of my newest designs and I was inspired by the beautiful Vintaj brass pieces. I wanted to do a ring in brass, and when I saw they introduced this etruscan piece that could be manipulated into a ring band, I was thrilled. I love the look of this brass, it has a vintage look while still being modern. I used a round of Chinese Ocean Jasper which I think compliments it perfectly.
Lastly, I've been tagged! I have to say it's a first. My wonderful buddy Annette of Under the Loupe tagged me and I must tell you 7 things you may not know about me and then nominate 7 other blogs, with a link to the person's blog who tagged you. Here goes:
1. I was raised by a single mother.
2. I've always been very shy and mostly a loner.
3. I wanted to be a veternarian when I was little.
4. I have a B.A. in Visual & Apparel Merchandising.
5. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis when I was 13, and was told I most likely would never be able to have children. I proved the doctor's wrong and had my miracle baby 3 years ago!
6. I used to model in high school.
7. I have a very mixed ancestry. I am part Irish, German, Dutch, Italian, and Native American. My husband calls me the melting pot!
Okay, enough of that! Here are the 7 blogs I've tagged: