Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Feeling of Frustration

...with everything right now! For starters, my almost 3 year old daughter has woken up every night this week screaming for a certain animal to hold in her hand. Not just once, several times a night. Now, this may be my fault for letting her sleep with stuffed animals, but why is this necessary?! I'm lucky if I get 2 good hours of sleep before the screaming begins. My room is right next to hers, so thin walls make her calls for help even more prominent. My daughter has always been a handful, but this is starting to wear on me. I guess she likes the security of her animals and I hate to banish them all from her bed, but if this continues, I guess I will have to. She is not one that will not persist in getting her own way. Secondly, my husband. Now I am not going to give a breakdown of all the things that drive me crazy about him, or I'd be here for days. However, his unwillingness to ever get up with our daughter in the middle of the night or his failure to see where I'm coming from is about all I can stand! Lastly, my business. Now, I LOVE making jewelry! It's the only thing I do for myself. However, I spend any and all free time (when daughter is sleeping) working on ways to get my name out there. It can be EXTREMELY time consuming and exhausting!! I'm not a very patient person, so I guess I thought it would all happen overnight. Obviously not the case!! There are hundreds of very talented jewelry artists out there and finding your niche can take a long time. At least I know I'm not the only one who feels this point of frustration. A fellow Skwiggazine member, Hilary Johnson, has blogged about this as well. Hilary is a very talented jewelry artist who is finding it overwhelming, as I am, marketing yourself on the internet. Visit her blog, Designing Hilary, and show her a little love. Well, it helped getting my frustrations out. Now I need a nap!

No comments: